- Your open garage door cannot be closed, presenting a serious security risk for your home and family
- Your vehicle is trapped in your garage because your doors won’t open or won’t open properly
- Your garage door is off-track or misaligned presenting a risk for damage to your vehicle or serious injury to your family
We offer effective solutions to prolong the lifetime of your garage door and garage door opener.
Garage Off-Track Repairs
If you have an off-track garage door, we recommend immediate repair. Whether you accidentally hit the garage door with your car, it was installed incorrectly, or damage to other parts of the doors is causing the issue, off-track garage doors are very dangerous as they can fall at any time. A garage door opener off track can also lead to very costly damage. We offer garage door off-track repair services and quick adjustments that get your garage doors operating smoothly and safely. When a garage door wheel is off the rails, it poses a danger as the weight of the door is no longer evenly distributed. Trying to operate doors that are off the track can also cause serious damage to your entire system which requires the replacement of the garage door and garage door opener. If your garage door has come off its track, we know exactly how to remedy the situation and make efficient garage door off-track fixes to keep your home safe and secure.
Some common reasons for garage off-track repairs include:
- Bent tracks: Tracks can be damaged in many different ways, from something stored above falling on them to being hit by a vehicle. Bent tracks easily cause the wheels to get off the rails, which then makes it impossible to open the garage doors.
- Worn rollers: The rollers or wheels can become worn and thin, which can cause them to sit too loosely on the track. Any minor changes to their shape can cause them to go off track.
- Broken cables: Your garage door has a lift cable on each side. If anything happens to the cables, your entire system begins to fail, including the possibility that rollers can come off the rails. This commonly occurs because a cable that is damaged, loose or too tight, knocks the door out of alignment. As a result, the balance of the door’s weight is transferred to the other side where the cable is still functioning.
All kinds of issues can knock the rollers off the tracks which all require immediate attention. In some cases, if the tracks themselves are severely damaged they will have to be replaced. Other parts such as the rollers and cables might also be contributing to the issue. We make a thorough assessment to ensure only the damaged parts are replaced to reduce costs and ensure only necessary work is performed to get your garage doors back into tip-top shape.
Issues with your garage door cables themselves will also need to be addressed quickly. When your garage door cable snaps, becomes loose or comes out completely, it can cause a number of issues. Cables can be dangerous when not properly attached, as they can snap at any time. Your garage door cables are installed on each side of your garage doors. They work with the heavy springs to help move the door up and down safely. When either garage door cable is too loose or snaps it places stress on the remaining cable. This means the other side will soon be damaged as well as it is forced to bear the full weight of the garage door. Damaged cables also pose a risk for personal injury as they snap with the force of a whip which can cause lacerations. Profix can provide quick cable repairs to restore your garage doors on the spot.
Garage Door Opener Repair
If your garage door is not opening at all, chances are your garage door opener needs repairs. Garage doors have many working parts that can break with wear and tear from opening and closing several times a day. If the tension of the spring goes out, the weight of the garage door will come down and cause it to go off track. As well, damage to your garage doors that make your garage door crooked can also cause damage to your opener as it can’t smoothly open and close the doors. As soon as you notice any of the following issues, give Profix a call:
- Increasingly louder operation
- Opening then reversing to close, or vice versa
- Unresponsive opening or closing
- Interrupted opening or closing
Remember, a garage door opener that is not operating properly poses a risk of damaging your vehicle, garage doors and property. It can also cause personal injury. We’re ready to take your garage door opener repair calls 24/7. We also offer quick appointments for less urgent requests.