Are you tired of hearing that annoying squeak every time you open or close your garage door?
Does it seem like your door is moving slower or getting jammed midway? Or worse, does it randomly open or close, giving you a surprise you didn’t ask for?
At PROFIX Garage Door Repair, our team of dedicated professionals understands the critical role that springs play in the functioning of garage doors. Offering specialized garage door spring replacement services, we ensure the safety and efficiency of your garage’s entry system.
Whether your springs are worn out, damaged, or simply in need of adjustment, we can provide effective solutions to restore the smooth operation of your garage door.
That’s why we offer prompt and reliable services to address any spring-related problems you may be facing.
Contact PROFIX Garage Door Repair today for professional and reliable garage door spring replacement services.
Understanding the Function of Garage Door Springs
Identifying Your Spring Type for Accurate Replacement
There are primarily two types of garage door springs used in residential garage doors:
- Torsion Springs: Located above the closed garage door, these springs are wound up and store energy when the door is closed.
- Extension Springs: These are attached to either side of the door and extend when the door is being closed.
The type of spring your door utilizes will dictate the approach and method of replacement.
Signs of a Broken Garage Door Spring
Recognizing the Need for Replacement
Be vigilant for signs indicating that your garage door springs may need replacement:
- The door feels heavier when lifted manually.
- There’s a noticeable gap in the spring.
- The door opens unevenly or not at all.
- Loud noises or snaps are coming from the garage door area
Garage Door Spring Swap
Benefits of Expert Spring Replacement for Garage Doors
These components of garage door springs are under immense tension, and handling them improperly can lead to severe injuries or property damage. That’s why it’s crucial to observe these safety measures:
- Never attempt DIY spring replacement: Garage door springs require specialized knowledge and tools. Trying to replace them yourself is extremely risky. Leave it to our professionals who have the expertise to handle these components safely.
- Hire licensed and insured technicians: Trust our professionals who are certified and insured to handle garage door repairs. Our expertise not only guarantees a job well done but also ensures safety standards are met.
- Wear safety glasses and gloves: Even our experts prioritize safety gear. Always protect yourself by wearing safety glasses and gloves when working with springs. They act as a crucial shield against any unforeseen accidents.
THE PROFIX TEAM
What Garage Door Springs Do We Replace?
Extension springs run alongside the horizontal tracks on either side of the garage door. They stretch and contract as the door opens and closes.
These springs use tension to assist in lifting the garage door. They extend and contract to provide the necessary force to raise and lower the door.
Torsion springs are mounted horizontally above the garage door opening. They’re typically placed on a metal shaft and secured at both ends.
Unlike extension springs, torsion springs utilize twisting force. As the door opens, these springs unwind and store energy. When the door closes, they recoil, assisting in the door’s lifting and lowering motion.SCHEDULE A REPLACEMENT
Garage Door Spring Replacement IN ACTION: FEATURED PROJECTS
The Process of Spring Replacement
Ensuring Precision and Safety
Our technicians at PROFIX Garage Door Repair follow a meticulous process for replacing springs:
Ensuring the garage door is secured and there’s no risk of it falling or injuring someone.
Removal of the Old Spring
Carefully releasing the tension and removing the old, worn-out spring.
Installation of the New Spring
Installing the new spring ensures it’s of the correct size and type for your door.
Ensuring Proper Tension and Alignment
We will adjust the tension of the springs and cables, ensuring they work harmoniously to support the door’s movement along the tracks.
Testing and Adjustment
Testing the door’s balance and making adjustments as necessary for smooth operation.
Client Satisfaction Check
Finally, before concluding our service, we walk you through the repaired system, ensuring you’re satisfied and know any further cautions or how to use it.
What Makes Our Garage Door Spring Replacement Services Stand Out?
Expertise and experience
Our professionals bring in-depth knowledge and experience to the table. They’ve dealt with various types of springs and understand the nuances of each, ensuring a reliable and accurate replacement.
Safe and efficient process
Our team of experts follows stringent safety protocols and has the necessary tools to replace garage door springs safely. This efficiency ensures a swift and secure replacement without compromising safety.
Warranty on parts and labour
We provide up to 3 years warranty on both parts and labour. With this, you’re assured that your investment is protected in case of any issues post-replacement.
We have fixed 2840+ Garage Doors
Our team prides itself on having fixed close to 3000 garage doors and served 1260+ happy customers which speaks to the immense experience we have.
PROFIX Garage Door Repair Guarantees
- Your 100% satisfaction is guaranteed: Our team of experts works hard to ensure they deliver quality and dependable work, ensuring that you are entirely satisfied with the service provided.
- We offer free estimates and quotes: Transparency matters to us. We provide free estimates and quotes to ensure that you have a clear understanding of the work involved without any hidden fees.
- We are available for same-day service: We strive to provide same-day service for emergency repairs, ensuring that problems are solved as they arise.
- Your convenience is our priority: Our commitment to 24/7 customer support ensures that we are here for you whenever you need assistance, providing reliability.
CHOOSING PROFIX FOR YOUR SPRING REPLACEMENT NEEDS
Expertise, Efficiency, and Reliability
- (i). Expertise and experience: Our professionals bring in-depth knowledge and experience to the table. They’ve dealt with various types of springs and understand the nuances of each, ensuring a reliable and accurate replacement.
- (ii). Safe and efficient process: Our team of experts follow stringent safety protocols and have the necessary tools to replace garage door springs safely. This efficiency ensures a swift and secure replacement without compromising safety.
- (iii). Warranty on parts and labour: We provide up to 3 years warranty on both parts and labour. With this, you’re assured that your investment is protected in case of any issues post-replacement.
- (iv). We have fixed 2840+ Garage Doors: Our team prides itself on having fixed close to 3000 garage doors and served 1260+ happy customers which speaks to the immense experience we have.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve got a broken spring on your garage door, it’s possible to open the door manually. However, this can be dangerous to do, as your garage door opener will be unable to support the weight of the door and run the risk of collapsing on you. Moreover, if you try and use the garage door opener, you might end up burning out the motor because the broken spring makes the door heavier than usual.
PROFIX advises against trying to open your garage door if the spring is broken. It’s not worth the risk.
As garage door springs age, they become more prone to breaking due to wear and tear, material breakdown and rust, and inadequate maintenance. To help prevent early breakage of your garage door springs, there are a few steps you can take:
- Use your garage door sparingly: If you rely on your garage door as your primary entrance, the springs may be under more strain than they are designed to handle.
- Try to use your garage door only for vehicle access to reduce the wear on the springs.
Garage door springs are responsible for controlling the speed at which your garage door opens and closes, and if they’re not working properly, it can be a serious problem.
A broken torsion spring can cause the door to open or close too quickly, leading to potential accidents and injuries.
When it comes to replacing your garage door springs, if done incorrectly you could end up causing more harm than good. That’s why it’s essential to call in professionals for help.
Garage door springs are made to withstand a lot of use, but they do have a shelf life. On average, a high-quality spring will last about 10 to 15 years. That might not seem like a long time, but when you consider that most homeowners use their garage door several times a day, it’s not that surprising.
If you want to keep your garage door operating smoothly, it’s important to keep an eye on those springs and make sure they’re in good shape. If you notice any signs that your springs might be broken or are functioning poorly, call a PROFIX technician at 647-501-3667. We can take a look and make sure your garage door springs are in working order—and replace them for you if they’re not.